Friday, July 18, 2008

I SEE THE MOON AND THE MOON SEES ME!



My pitiful attempt at capturing the most glorious full moon. It was so beautiful last night. I attended our monthly book club meeting which is always, always a good time. A group of people who love to read, discussing, laughing and just having a great time! My grandchildren are learning very early to love books! Little Miss Anna attended book club last night. I rode with her in the backseat...on the way home we looked for the moon, she was soooo excited every time she spotted it. I remember reading Good Night Moon by Margaret Wise Brown to my children every night for what seemed like years. The words "I see the moon and the moon sees me" popped in my head and I was reciting parts of the book for Anna. Every time she would spot the moon she would say "I see the moon and the moon sees me". My daughter called me and asked if I would take some pictures from my house as I have such a clear view of the sky. She said that Anna was still looking for the moon and kept talking about it. I tried many attempts at stabilizing the camera (I need a tripod or a better camera) I finally retrieved a blanket from the garage and just sprawled out on the lawn. DH was in the garage working on a new airplane...sigh. I cannot begin to describe the loveliness of lying on the grass looking at the night sky. It reminded me of childhood drive-in movies and yard camping.
I have been "coming out" of my cocoon at a very alarming rate. The revelations, ideas and epiphanies that are swarming through my brain are astounding and exhilarating...stay tuned for this crazy journey! I feel like I have been asleep at the wheel and am waking up to a whole new world!!! What truly amazes me is my strong desire to be outdoors. My children and I spent a great deal of time outside when they were "small". As they got older and went their separate ways and a series of life events occurred I settled indoors and nested. Now it appears I am being kicked out of the nest by my own inner voice! I am excited to wake up in the morning to see how the new day will unfold! Yippee!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess we do think alike....gasp I am my mother

Anonymous said...

I think, in nature, we have the space to just...be.

"I remember reading Good Night Moon by Margaret Wise Brown to my children every night for what seemed like years."

YAY! I love this book. :)

Rosezilla (Tracie Walker) said...

Wow, cool photos. Glad you are rediscovering the big, wide world again!

Anonymous said...

I feel closest to God when I am outside.

Anonymous said...

This is a pitiful attempt?? I LOVE it! I especially love the idea of you lying in the front yard taking the pictures. Like the Dove candy wrapper on my bulletin board says, "Hey, why not?"

Alona said...

You know we can still go to the drive ins. I think I will plan it for us.