New York State of Mind
All I want for Christmas is my Two Front Teef!
Annual Holiday Silly String Wars!
In the year 2010...imagine the music from the song in the year 2525 if man is still alive etc. It was a year of upheavel, challenges, bereavement and best of all Joy! This, the last week of 2010 many are pondering the whys and whats of the last year. Many will determine what changes need to be made...some will choose a word, a "watchword" if you will to determine intentions for the coming year. Release was the word I chose this past year...it caused me to work on some old thoughts, beliefs and it exhausted me. I will be entering the year 2011 with a lighter load! Who benefits from dragging old baggage around? So many of my friends have participated or will participate in choosing one word rather than a grocery list of resolutions. It is easy, think, ponder, pray...choose a word...throw some into a hat and let the word choose you. The word Grace is tickling my fancy right now...this is probably the word I will go with for 2011...the definition:
1. elegance or beauty of form, manner, motion, or action.
2. a pleasing or attractive quality or endowment.
3. favor or good will.
4. a manifestation of favor, esp. by a superior: It was only through the dean's grace that I wasn't expelled from school.
5. mercy; clemency; pardon: an act of grace.
6. favor shown in granting a delay or temporary immunity.
7. an allowance of time after a debt or bill has become payable granted to the debtor before suit can be brought against him or her or a penalty applied
a. the freely given, unmerited favor and love of god.
b. the influence or spirit of God operating in humans to regenerate or strengthen them.
c. a virtue or excellence of divine origin: the Christian graces.
d. Also called state of grace. the condition of being in God's favor or one of the elect.
9. moral strength: the grace to perform a duty.
10. a short prayer before or after a meal, in which a blessing is asked and thanks are given.
11. ( usually initial capital letter ) a formal title used in addressing or mentioning a duke, duchess, or archbishop, and formerly also a sovereign (usually prec. by your, his, etc.).
12. Graces, Classical Mythology . the goddesses of beauty, daughters of Zeus and Eurynome, worshiped in Greece as the Charities and in Rome as the Gratiae.
13. Music . grace note.
1. attractiveness, charm, gracefulness, comeliness, ease. 4. kindness, kindliness, love, benignity; condescension. 5. lenity, leniency. 14. embellish, beautify, deck, decorate, ornament; enhance, honor.
What do you think? Will "Grace" be an easier choice for the coming year? Hmmmmmm...we'll see, won't we!
If I am not back sooner... Happy New Year my Lovely Friends!