Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Giving Thanks!


I generally practice giving thanks each day for my many blessings. Some days it is hard to see the glass as half full rather than half empty. Being in a transitional phase in my life has resulted in some pretty crazy moments for me and those near and dear ones that receive the brunt of the crazy making moments! I will say that with the changes there is never a dull moment!


I am thankful for the ability to practice whatever religion or rituals I desire without threat from government or angry mobs. I am exceedingly grateful for my belief in Heavenly Father, our creator and for the example of Jesus Christ. I strive each day to be a kind, respectful, compassionate, honest steward towards all people and things of this earth.


I am so thankful to open my front door and see little arms reaching up and saying "I want to hold you" Melts my heart every time! Family is so important to me and I love spending time with ours, immediate and extended family.


I am thankful for the variety of friends that bless my life...this could be a post by itself. I am also thankful for my i-family (thanks for the perfect word Hayden) It has extended my world view and gives me a glimpse into their lives. Thanks s.l.o.b.s!!!


I am thankful for a home that is comfortable and a safe haven for all who enter. (Except when I am having one of those moments and then you better run to the basement!)


I am thankful for my window seat where I can sit and watch the jays, robins, woodpeckers, blackbirds, doves and the many cardinals that come around. Our cat loves to watch the birds as well and often runs from the window seat to his favorite chair and ledge to watch them fly about.
I know his purposes for watching the birds are way different than mine! Our cat gives us great joy and is a part of our family!

I am so thankful for the beautiful Autumn colors and crisp fresh air.

I am thankful for the variety of foods we can enjoy. I love vegetables, so many colors and textures and tastes!

I am grateful everyday that I am able to walk, talk, see and hear! Good health is not to be taken for granted, you really miss it when things start "falling apart"
As I've said many times before, I am thankful for books and a love of reading, I am grateful for all kinds of music and art for all the ways we are able to express our individuality.
Every Day is a Day to be grateful! Happy Thanksgiving!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are greatful for you!

Anonymous said...

Speaking of things you can be thankful for - I have 3 whole hats finished!!

The loom is insanely awesome. I am getting one for scarves too!

I'm sending them to you when I have 10. :)

Connie said...

Thank you Michelle!

Hayden, I am so excited...it is rather addictive!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you Connie.
(I like what Michelle said)
:o)

Rosezilla (Tracie Walker) said...

Lovely post, Connie! Happy Thanksgiving to you as well; I'm very grateful to have made your acquaintance! (and to be friends!)

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Connie. Hope you are feeling better.

It is absolutely great to fill up with gratitude every day. I think one can never have too much of it!

I am grateful for YOU.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

This is a lovely list. Thank you for listing your blessings.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post...and ditto to Michelle's comment. I know that you're a person who counts her blessings every single day, but still it's nice that Thanksgiving gives us a chance to share them with others. I hope you and yours have a wonderful family feast (of food and fellowship) tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

wow! such a nice post. happy to be counted among the S.L.O.B.s. :) hope your holiday was happy--i'm thankful for you and your humor! (but am not thankful fo the fort knox security on your blog...the word verification makes me nuuutttyyyy!)

Connie said...

Sorry CWG, I will check into that...it may be a blogger thing...I have a few issues with blogger but it is pretty easy for someone like me :)

Thanks for all your lovely comments friends!!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving Connie! I am so thankful for your friendship, for sharing a little piece of your world. You are truly a beautiful soul, inside & out.