Friday, January 18, 2008

"The Greatest Show on Earth"







We had a fun filled family trip to the Ringling Brothers Circus last night. Carl, Me, Mom (in photo), Heather, Danny, Michelle, Kevin, Hunter and Anna had a quick McDonald's meal and headed out for opening night. We had absolutely great seats for a very reasonable price. It's a good thing too because cotton candy was $12 for a large bag with souvenir hat. We did have to get "MiMi" some despite the exorbitant price. I think of everyone in our group, my Mom had the best time. Her face probably hurts this morning. She smiled and laughed the whole night. It was delightful to see her so happy. She has had some rough years.




I was so excited that I did not snap very many pictures. It was rather dark and I could not see the camera settings plus I did not have my glasses handy! The animals were gorgeous. They had beautiful tigers, zebras, horses, dogs and the elephants, of course! Throughout the show, Michelle, Heather and I were each thinking of the characters and animals in a book club selection we recently read entitled, "Water for Elephants" The animals appeared to be well taken care of and well-fed. At one time, Heather looked at me and said, "Mom, this is a great idea, let's do it every year!" Yes, let's! Let us spend many more delicious moments together whether at the circus, at home or anywhere else we may roam.














5 comments:

Christy Peake said...

Looks like ya'll had a great time. I've never been to the circus!!

Valencia said...

Wasn't it a lively show? We went tonight and it was the first circus we'd been to in a lot of years. I LOVED IT!!! I'm glad your mom had fun, too. What great memories...Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun...and it looks like Marlena sitting on the elephant with her pink sequined outfit. I read in The State about the circus parade being downtown in Columbia to stir up some interest in the shows,and I remembered how the Benzeni (sp?) Brothers Circus did the same thing.

Jack and Erika said...

Hey! I just read your car post and it is absolutely hilarious! I hope you're doing well!!

Anonymous said...

I did have ever so much fun!