Thursday, April 12, 2012

Tap, Tap...is this thing on?



I thought the above sign appropriately described my conspicuous absence from bloglandia.  I do not know who said it first however I attempt to live by the words "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all".  On the outside I have been my usual cheerful, kind self...inside I have been a raging lunatic...that is what the so called "change" will do for you.  Lately I have been telling friends and family, call me and ask...I won't remember or if you don't like my mood...wait for it, it is changing as we speak.  The following cartoon speaks volumes, I  mean volumes...




Mostly I have been living with these alien feelings, however I have been researching possible alternatives to being miserable.  On a funny note...every symptom unequivocally and emphatically stated that all THIRTY FOUR (34)  are a result of declining estrogen...NO SH%*!!!  I have ordered an herbal remedy based on the recommendation of a friend and provided I don't strangle anybody in the meantime...it should be delivered around the 18th of April. I don't think those "people" understand what declining estrogen means and they should probably drive it to my doorstep yesterday! 

Lately, I find myself particularly annoyed with the male population...I am sure declining estrogen is their fault in someway.
My husband sheepishly asks me if I still love him.  And I very gently scream at him..IT IS NOT ABOUT YOU...leave the thermostat alone, get another blanket and don't touch me...poor guy...he is a champ.  And YOU, yes you in the gigantic big truck...get off my a$$...do you really need a truck that takes up 3 parking places, uses enough gas to fuel a third world country to go to your office job...if you are not in heavy construction...WHY???   Oh yeah and get off the phone and drive.
There, there I feel ever so much better now...where was I...oh yeah, attempting to write a blog post.

This week and this morning particularly have just been a Bear!  I am positive that dawn arrives each day with new possibilities...I just have to ride the storm!  Life is Good and this too shall pass!  Anyone else feeling the need to rage against the world, feel free...I will commiserate!  In the meantime, I am going to walk around in the sunshine and gain a more peaceful perspective.  Cheers!

3 comments:

House of Squitty said...

Sorry it's your turn to endure "the change"...I don't look forward to it. I don't know what this says about me, but I quite enjoyed your rant. :) Here's to hoping that the postal service doesn't let you down!

Jayne said...

I don't know how I missed this before now, but I really loved reading it. It's so you and so true (of menopausal women)!!! I used to be one of them so I know! So the remedy should arrive on the 18th, and book club is the 19th...which means you'll be you're usual peppy self, right?

Joanna Jenkins said...

Welcome to my world-- I struggled the same way and finally surrendered, called my doc, got the hormone patch and .... ahhhh.... life is so much better.

I'm hoping your herbal remedy does the trick.

Hang in there.
xo jj