Other thoughts for the day...
Tracie sent me five words to ponder and write about...piece of cake...right...right??? Without further ado...I present my words and my attempt to tie them in with pink thoughts as well.
- Flowers - I adore flowers, so much that apart from growing some...I frequently buy them for myself and others...I always parcel out a portion of money each week to have fresh flowers on my desk usually daisies, one of my favorites! Flowers are food for the soul!
- Taste - hmmm...I appreciated my sense of taste more when I lost it for a brief time...for whatever reason my body was off kilter and everything tasted of earth and metal. Now I can savor fresh fruit, crusty bread and pungent cheeses (lunch today) May you always be blessed with plenty of nourishment and that you are able to truly enjoy the flavors.
- Comfortable - Do you remember a time when looks were more important than comfort? Well my friends, comfort is QUEEN!!!! My clothing and shoes must feel good against my skin and feet. I adore freshly laundered cotton sheets and a lightweight cotton blanket. My dear friend losing all her hair to chemotherapy remarked that the hat I knitted of the softest yarn was perfect to wear to bed..."my poor little, bald head gets soooo cold" This also prompted a project to knit many, many hats for the Oncology clinics that those in need may have something of comfort to warm their heads and hearts.
- Work - I believe there is great joy in being able to work, whatever the job may be...employment away from home, the homecaring that must be done, the volunteer projects, the child rearing that can sometimes be a lot of W*O*R*K Great satisfaction is the reward for a job well done.
- Believe - my word for 2009...I believe that through the efforts of many we can bring about "the change we wish to see in the world" (paraphrased from Ghandi) I believe we are beloved children of a Most Heavenly Father who knows our every need and desire and has a great plan for each of us. I believe that most people are Good...sometimes we may have to look a little deeper however goodness is there. I believe that goodness can radiate outwards like a ripple in a pond and we each must be the pebble that brings it forth.
I wish you a beautiful day filled with beautiful thoughts. To my sisters still battling a relentless disease I offer you my prayers of courage, strength and comfort.