Friday, September 26, 2008

Inspiration

Rain is splashing in puddles on the concrete, there is a chill in the air. A new season is beginning. A leaf or two begins the subtle change from green to orange, yellow and red. It's a glorious season one I love for reflection, meditation and making improvements. Preparing to hunker down for the winter to come. Or for us in the South the promise of Winter. It is a quiet Friday and I am prone to daydreaming...the dripping rain beckons me back to the window! Browsing thru some shots of things... I derive inspiration for future projects...
This humble cottage would make a lovely vacation home in the mountains. It's definitely a fixer. It is in fact in the Smokey Mountains. Can you just hear the rain tapping on the tin roof? A couple rockers on the porch. Pure Ecstasy.

The clouds rolling over the Great Smokey Mountains...all around one is engulfed in this smokey haze...it has an ethereal feel to it.


The lines of this bench and the way it felt against my back...I could nap here. Oh yeah...Me and Moe, our feline son.


On a walk in the country at the family ponderosa...I have no idea what these are...reminded me of some alien pods........


What's not to love about this wiggly, little guy. Can you look at him and not smile for all his being so very "twee" (as my friend Dorothy would have called it) This was on the dash of my friend Kelly's car. He was rescued from a thrift shop in Florida.


Nature's beauty discarded from the sea for us to look upon and enjoy. I could sit there for hours and sift my hands through the fragments. Some shells were selected to be added to jewelry projects...nature graciously provided holes for them to be re-used as jewelry or in other art.

Kinda what today looks like, shades of gray...behave... we are not talking about my hair! This day has a reflective, meditative, silent deliciousness about it...hope you enjoy your weekend!



7 comments:

Anonymous Thinker said...

I too, use the promise of a quite sit on the porch of "some old cottage" in the mountains, or anywhere special for that matter, to keep me going. And it keeps me going.

Love it.

Alona said...

I love the rain when I am not out in it. I love to listen and watch. This week I was driving in it...a lot. Down nasty dirt roads and it was not so fun. Im glad it is sunny today.

Jayne said...

I KNOW I responded to this Friday, but since I don't see the comment, maybe I missed the "post" button or something. Anyway, the gist of my post was that your photography skills are so awesome that I think you ought to create your own greeting card business. It'd be so cool to see a message from Skirt.com in my mailbox that announced the creation of a new business: YOURS.

Connie said...

Thanks Jayne, I may have to consider...hmmm...greeting cards

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog last week. I feel guilty for waiting so long to revisit, but I had some complications (a bout of food poisoning and a visit to my mom out of town).

I love your photos. I like the cottage and the bench and the seashells. I really enjoyed stopping by.

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to say that you, Connie, are an inspiration to me! Sending you peace and love as you create your Great Big Dreams

=D

Anonymous said...

Oooh how I love the Smokey Mts. That "cabin" is gorgeous. My idea of heaven on earth.