Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Don't Take Anything Personally!

People will either amaze you or disappoint the hell out of you.  Most of the time, when you are disappointed it is because someone has projected their junk onto you.  It is time for my annual reading of The Four Agreements.  It changed my life and is a good reminder of some very basic principles.  Ironically, the very person who introduced me to the book is a friend I love dearly who I am seriously trying to understand right now.  What I understand is this,  Facebook Messenger is not the place to discuss important issues... take the time to be face to face with someone or at least make a phone call, there is less chance of misunderstanding.  In reality the issue is not about me or anyone else, it is whatever  is going on in their life. We all have busy, productive lives, obligations and our own junk...much as I would like I cannot always be the cheerleader. In the meantime,  the following is excerpted from the book, The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz


I am convinced if we live by these precepts, our lives are a little softer with less rough edges.  I read this every year to remind myself of the places I need some softness.  I have often said, sometimes the most exercise I get is jumping to conclusions"  Not making assumptions and not taking things personally...those are my biggest challenges.  Often, you have to step back or move on to allow for growth. Here's wishing you a soft place to land when the ride gets bumpy.

1 comment:

Relyn Lawson said...

You are the third person to reference this book in the past week. I am going to have to read it. Thank you for the nudge.