Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Namaste



I have been thinking a LOT about blogging, emails and all the messages we send that do not really have a "face" or an expression attached. When emailing or blogging what we may think is humerous may indeed come across as something entirely different to the reader. I sincerely hope that in the course of blogging, emailing or commenting that I have been circumspect. Being inappropriate has never been a goal of mine. I have recently gotten the impression that I may have offended someone along the way. For this, I am sincerely and wholeheartedly sorry. I write what is on my mind at the time and have never felt the need for an apology for how I think...I don't edit, I write from the "cuff". I think the internet is a wonderful source of communication, entertainment and information...I have been naive in thinking that I could "talk" to the "blogging, facebook, email" world the way I talk with friends that know me in the flesh. I have taken a step back from all things that communicate who I am...what started out as a fun, inspirational journey has backfired a wee bit. My goal in this life is to be the most authentic version of myself that I can be, to love and to serve my fellowman and to be grateful to my Father in Heaven for the many blessings showered upon me. There is opposition in all things however I will continue to write and be positive about Life. Life is Good. After the darkness, there is light...after the rain, rainbows and so on and on. We are touched by people for varying lengths of time and for various reasons. I thank each of you for your contributions to my life and sincerely hope that I have contributed somewhat to yours. From Wikipedia:

Namaste, Namaskar or Namaskaram (Sanskrit: नमस्ते [nʌmʌsˈteː] from external sandhi between namaḥ and te) is a common spoken greeting or salutation in the Indian subcontinent. Taken literally, it means "I bow to you". The word is derived from Sanskrit (namas): to bow, obeisance, reverential salutation, and (te): "to you".[1] Namaskar is considered a slightly more formal version than namaste but both express deep respect. It is commonly used in India and Nepal by Hindus, Jains and Buddhists, and many continue to use this outside the Indian subcontinent.

When spoken to another person, it is commonly accompanied by a slight bow made with hands pressed together, palms touching and fingers pointed upwards, in front of the chest. The gesture can also be performed wordlessly and carry the same meaning.
In Indian and Nepali culture, the word is spoken at the beginning of written or verbal communication. However, upon departure only the wordless hands-folded gesture is made.
In yoga, namaste is said to mean "The light within me honors the light within you," as spoken by both the yoga instructor and yoga students.


Without further ado, the light within me honors the light within you.

11 comments:

scchesleys said...

Right back at you DFC!

Christy Peake said...

I love your blog, and your style of writing. It reflects your personality and is FUN! I've been in your shoes, people take things the wrong way, or assume things that never exist. If they don't like your blog, they should stop reading it. There are blogs I never even glance at anymore! Keep writing....

Anita said...

Connie, I love your blog - don't start editing yourself now!! I think anyone who DOES know you must know that you aren't trying to offend. At least not online... :) (Kidding!)

Anonymous said...

YOU?! offend someone?!?! stop it. you're the BOMB...and i love your sense of snarky humor. i totally get you!!! don't stop now, i need the laughs. xoxoxo

Hayden Tompkins said...

I can't IMAGINE how you could have offended someone, but when in doubt you can always rock a smiley face.

:)

See!!! You're welcome.

;)

Rosezilla (Tracie Walker) said...

Well, as my bumper sticker says, "I'm Knot into Yoga" but I do consider you a friend. Yes, the blogging world is a whole new experience in diplomacy. I NEED body language to communicate!!! But I am learning, and I know what you mean, when you think something has inadvertently offended someone, it is very upsetting. But most of us have been there so we can sympathize. Somehow it works out, esp. when you are obviously as kind as you are!

Anonymous said...

Connie = excuse me for pressing, but WHAT DID YOU SAY??!! And to whom?? I just can't believe you could offend anyone. Really. You're the BEST!

House of Squitty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Whoever was offended needs to become acquainted with The Four Agreements, huh?

Connie said...

Hi Everyone! Just a series of misunderstandings...all is well in Loose Lemon Land. My life did not have enough drama in it and a few people thought I needed some. The voices in my head are quiet now LOL

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I'm glad it all worked out. I've never found you inappropriate.